Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Plant ( Chinese:红沿河核电站 ) is a nuclear power plant in Northeast China. It is located in Hongyanhe Town, Wafangdian City, Dalian City, Liaoning Province, Near the Bohai Sea.
The nuclear power plant began construction in 2007, and the first reactor was commissioned on June 6, 2013.
The construction of Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Plant is divided into 2 phases. Phase I has built a total of 4 reactors, with a completed installed capacity of 4,122 MW. 2 reactors of Phase II are under construction, of which Unit 5 has been installed.
- In 1978, the address screening of nuclear power plants began.
- In 1995, the State Planning Commission of China approved the project proposal, after more than ten years of preliminary work.
- In January 2007, the Chinese government agreed to adjust the construction scale of the first phase of the Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Project, that is, four million kilowatt units.
- In August 2007, the construction of the first phase of the Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Project started. Unit 1 was put into operation on June 6, 2013, and subsequent units were put into commercial operation at a rate of one unit per year.
- On March 28, 2008, Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Plant Unit 2 started construction.
- On August 15, 2009, Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Unit 4 started construction. At 9:52 on April 1, 2016, Unit 4 was connected to the grid for the first time. The grid-connected power generation was 52 MW, which marked the red edge He Nuclear Power Unit 4 is capable of generating electricity.
- On February 17, 2013, Unit 1 was successfully connected to the grid for power generation, marking that the first nuclear power plant in Northeast China has the power generation capacity.
- The main conditions for commercial operation will be met on May 13, 2014.
- On February 17, 2015, the Chinese government agreed to the second phase of the Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Plant Unit 5 and Unit 6.
- On March 29, 2015, the construction of Unit 5 of the power station officially started.
- On July 24, 2015, the construction of Unit 6 of the power station officially started.
- On September 20, 2016, Unit 4 was put into commercial operation, and the 4 units of the first phase of the Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Plant were fully completed.
- On November 6, 2018, Unit 6 entered the nuclear island main equipment installation stage. On November 17, 2018, the first steam generator of Unit 6 was installed.
- On January 17, 2019, the nuclear island main equipment of Unit 5 was installed, and the nuclear island installation was 60% completed.
Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Plant Data
- East Asia
- In use
- Official name
- Donggangzhen, Wafangdian, Dalian, Liaoning, China
- Liaoning Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Co. Ltd.
- Aug-18, 2007
- Jun-06, 2013
- Installed capacity
- 4122 MW
- Units operational
- 3 × 1061 MW 1 × 1000 MW
- Reactor type
- Cooling source
- Bohai Sea
View Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Plant on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.