Burj Khalifa (Arabic: برج خليفة), also known as Dubai Tower or Bis Burj, is the tallest skyscraper built in the world.
The Burj Khalifa is 2717 ft / 828 m high, with a total of 162 floors, costing 1.5 billion US dollars. The construction of the building itself cost at least 1 billion US dollars, not including the construction costs of the large shopping malls, lakes and shorter towers. .
The Burj Khalifa uses a total of 330,000 cubic meters of concrete, 62,000 tons of reinforced steel bars, and 142,000 square meters of glass.
In order to build the Burj Khalifa, a total of about 4,000 workers and 100 cranes were deployed to pump concrete vertically over 606 meters.
There are 56 elevators in the building with a maximum speed of 17.4 m/s. There are also double-layer sightseeing elevators that can carry up to 42 people at a time.
The Burj Khalifa was built in 2004, and the building was officially completed on January 4, 2010, and it was renamed “Burj Khalifa”.
- On September 21, 2004, construction of the Burj Khalifa began.
- In February 2007, it surpassed the Sears Tower and became the building with the most floors.
- On August 12, 2007, it exceeded the antenna height of 527.3 meters (1730 feet) in the Sears Tower.
- On December 10, 2007, the steel frame structure began to be used, and concrete will no longer be used in subsequent construction.
- On April 8, 2008, Amar Real Estate Company in Dubai, UAE announced that the height of the tower has reached 629 meters, surpassing the US KVLY TV tower with a height of 628.8 meters and becoming the world’s tallest building.
- On June 17, 2008, Amar Real Estate Company in Dubai, UAE announced that the height of the tower had exceeded 636 meters.
- On September 1, 2008, Aimar Real Estate announced a new record. The construction height reached 688 meters, and it was planned to be completed in September 2009, but the final height has not yet been announced.
- On September 26, 2008, Aimar Real Estate announced that the tower reached 707 meters (2,320 feet).
- On January 17, 2009, Aimar Real Estate announced that the tower reached its final height of 828 meters (2,716.53 feet).
- On January 4, 2010, the Burj Khalifa was officially completed.
|B1-B2||Parking lot and machine room|
|hall||Restaurant and lobby|
|1||Hotel, lobby and restaurant|
|2||Hotel and lobby|
|3||Hotel and restaurant|
|4||Hotel and computer room|
Burj Khalifa Data
- United Arab Emirates
- Western Asia
- In use
- Official name
- برج خليفة
- Other name(s)
- Dubai Tower
- 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Emaar Properties
- Emaar Properties
- Official website
- US $1.5 billion
- Jan-06, 2004
- Construction end
- Oct-01, 2009
- Jan-04, 2010
- 2717 ft / 828 m
- 163 (+1 below ground)
- office / residential / hotel
- Floor area
- 309,473 m2 (3,331,100 sq ft)
View Burj Khalifa on Google Satellite Map
Google satellite maps allow you to see building details more clearly, including natural landscapes such as mountains, rivers, deserts, sea and man-made engineering buildings.
If you are very interested in this engineering building, it is a good idea to click below Google Map icon. We will help you jump to the corresponding location of this building or engineering on Google satellite map.